How to Organize your Laundry Room
Organizing your laundry room largely depends on how much space you have and whether you have cupboards or shelving to work with.
- LAUNDRY ROOM WITHOUT CUPBOARDS:
- You may either want to buy a mobile station with baskets to store your products or you may want to place shelving on the wall.
- Some people with very limited space, such as a cupboard laundry in an apartments, may decide to use an over the door shoe Organizer or rack.
- Another functional idea would be to place your washing machine and dryer on top of a pedestal with drawer or shelving space. This lifts the appliances to eye level, while providing great storage for all of your laundry needs.
- LAUNDRY ROOM WITH CUPBOARDS:
- Sort your cleaning products into like items. Such as “Window Cleaners; Anti-bacterial Cleaners; Polishes; Oven Cleaners etc.
- Once you have sorted them into their categories, you may want to place them in containers and label these containers.
- The benefits to doing this is: –
- It allows one to immediately see if you are running out of a product;
- it keeps like items together;
- it allows you to bring down a container from a high shelf and search, and not stretch for an extended period searching for the right product.
- LAUNDRY SORTING BASKETS:
- Issue each bedroom with their own laundry basket, so that each responsible family member is responsible for their own laundry.
- Some people may however, prefer a laundry sorting station. With baskets for the different washing item needs.
- Laundry baskets such as: Whites; Colors; Dedicates; Towels; etc. These baskets can also be hung on shelving along the walls with labels or placed in a mobile station.